At MEG, you can bring your unique knowledge and experience to work and contribute your ideas to drive our purpose, which is to supply the world with environmentally and socially responsible energy, while generating long term value for all our stakeholders. We are looking for talented individuals to bring their skills and experience to our dynamic and inclusive culture of performance and innovation.
We are proud to be an Alberta-based company where our leaders are local, accessible to MEG’s Employees and committed to operating responsibly where we all live. We believe in industry-leading environmental performance, engaging with our local community and partners to give back through our time, talents, and resources in the communities where we operate.
This is a 12-month contract position with compensation as a straight hourly rate. This position is based at our Christina Lake Facility working a 7 x 7 shift schedule (Tuesday – Tuesday).
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are seeking a Warehouse Technician to join our Supply Chain Management team at our Christina Lake operating site near Conklin, Alberta. The Warehouse Technician, reporting to the Materials Management Lead, will be responsible for the day-to-day tactical execution of warehouse operations across the various MEG sites and for supporting the development and execution of the materials management strategy. The successful candidate must be able to maintain a customer-focused warehouse operation by building strong relationships, identifying, and resolving issues, and have
the experience to lead their peers in tactical materials planning. The successful candidate in this role will ensure that we support our business units with the right material, at the right place at the right time, contributing to the safe and affordable operations of the facility.
YOUR DAY TO DAY:
- Provide leadership and adherence in the safe, efficient, and accurate execution of the warehouse operations (receiving, put-aways, repairs, issues, deliveries, returns, storage, preservation) and resources.
- Perform count and inspections of arriving material. Ensures receipt documentation is retained and recorded permanent material receiving report (MRR), safety data sheets (SDS) and material technical reports (MTR).
- Monitor warehouse space to assist the manager in determining appropriate facility and additional resources/considerations for daily activities and planned events.
- Prepare documentation (Unsatisfactory, Over, Short & Damaged Report) to record unsatisfactory, over, short and damage conditions of materials received and maintains UOS&D Log.
- Perform complete or partial inventories and periodic stock checks as required to validate inventory records.
- Support the Materials Management Lead in maintaining custody of all materials for projects and operations use.
- Ensure issues of material are properly controlled and documented in accordance with all procedures.
- Prepare shipping documents and registers for all materials shipped from temporary operating and jobsite locations.
- Maintain registers to control industrial gas bottles log, returnable reel log, and returnable containers.
- Responsible for all stock and non-stock material supply chain and proper material supply to contractors and employees across the site teams.
- Review all material requisitions and works with the planners to ensure material availability when and where required.
- Maintain custody of all materials inventory.
- Ensure adherence to the Health and Safety requirements at the site.
- Proactively engage with peers and stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Maintain a customer focused warehouse operation at site.
WHAT YOU BRING TO MEG:
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in direct inventory, logistics, supply chain, and warehouse operations.
- Warehousing Certificate is an asset.
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information (WHMIS) and Transportation of Dangerous Material (TDG) tickets mandatory.
- Forklift Operator certification required.
- Must have Maximo experience.
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills to understand/anticipate needs and problems.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Strong communication, writing and computer application skills.
- Job will require extended periods out of doors.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs in repetition.
- Good working knowledge of material systems, process controls, warehousing, and logistics within the energy sector (specifically SAGD facilities).
- Experienced in the control and management of materials from receipt at warehouse through to distribution to required site location.
- Proficient in the use of standard desktop software, data compilation and manipulation and competent in maintaining and updating project reports accordingly.
- General knowledge of planning, receipt, storage and issuance of construction and MRO parts and materials.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- This is a Fly-In, Fly-Out camp-based position, working on a 7 x 7 shift schedule (Tuesday – Tuesday), flying out of Calgary or Edmonton.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MEG Energy is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our workforce. We work to ensure that our policies and practices protect individuals and groups under applicable human rights legislation. We will respond to accessibility
accommodations by applicants upon request.
HOW TO APPLY:
At MEG, every business decision we make, no matter how big or small, aligns with our
Be the Example – Connect With Each Other – Collective Strength
Accept the Challenge – Think Big Picture
To Apply for a job, you will need to create an account on MEG’s site so that we can provide you with information and documents throughout the application process. When you click on the ‘Apply’ button you will be re-directed to a page where you can sign into your existing email address and password or create a new account. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MEG Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that some candidates have experienced recruitment fraud where an individual that claims to be affiliated with MEG makes a false offer of employment and requests personal information or payment from the candidate. At MEG Energy, we meet with a candidate in person before a formal offer is made and we only correspond with candidates through email addresses ending with @megenergy.com. Also, MEG Energy does not require payment or fees from anyone seeking employment with us. MEG does not require applicants to provide copies of personal documents such as passports, birth certificates or banking information as part of the application process. To ensure a job opportunity with MEG Energy exists, please review the job opportunities accessed through the link below.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe you have experienced recruitment fraud.