At MEG, you can bring your unique knowledge and experience to work and contribute your ideas to drive our purpose, which is to supply the world with environmentally and socially responsible energy, while generating long term value for all our stakeholders. We are looking for talented individuals to bring their skills and experience to our dynamic and inclusive culture of performance and innovation.
We are proud to be an Alberta-based company where our leaders are local, accessible to MEG’s Employees and committed to operating responsibly where we all live. We believe in industry-leading environmental performance, engaging with our local community and partners to give back through our time, talents, and resources in the communities where we operate.
This is a 12-month contract position with compensation as a straight hourly rate. This is a full-time position based at our Christina Lake Facility working a 7 x 7 shift schedule (Tuesday – Tuesday) with opportunity for renewal.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Site Services Lead, this position will plan and schedule Site Services work scopes related to MEG Energy roads, utilities, airstrip, building and camp maintenance, general facilities, and common services support. The development and ongoing implementation of a CMMS based preventative maintenance program is critical, in addition to ongoing corrective maintenance and small project requirements. The successful candidate will lead by example in demonstrating strong safety and inclusive leadership and drive operational improvements with MEG’s culture of
inclusivity and innovation. This role requires strong team collaboration, analytical, and planning skills, working closely with the Coordinator and Lead and foster a team-oriented approach.
YOUR DAY TO DAY:
- Responsible for effective planning and scheduling of trades and service providers for sitewide non-process construction and maintenance activities under Site Services scope of responsibilities.
- Collaborate with Operations and Maintenance planning teams for process related work orders and activities.
- Provide common services support to all business units within Christina Lake Regional Project.
- Responsible for creating and distributing service requests, work orders, PM’s and purchase requisitions.
- Accountable for planning and scheduling activities related to all Christina Lake site road networks (including pads), wastewater treatment plant and potable water treatment plant operations and maintenance.
- Provide planning support for site wide building and camp maintenance activities.
- Provide planning and scheduling support for the MEG aerodrome maintenance.
- Responsible for cost effective sourcing and ordering of required materials.
- Accountable for weekly reporting on work order completion and cost effectiveness along with other KPI’s.
WHAT YOU BRING TO MEG:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- 5+ years of experience in the maintenance and construction field.
- 2+ years of planning experience.
- Strong knowledge of CMMS (Maximo) and/or other planning software.
- Journeyman status or a relevant post-secondary technical diploma an asset.
- Demonstrated safety leadership skills that have been utilized in day-to-day work to help drive a strong safety culture.
- Well-developed team skills with a collaborative work style.
- Strong analytical and planning skills with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Possess initiative and strong communication skills.
- Ability to network and build relationships both internally and externally.
- Knowledge of OH&S, AB Health and other applicable regulations and codes.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and manage competing priorities. Works effectively in a changing environment and within defined timelines.
- Desire to drive continuous improvement.
- Ability to work with MS Office (Visio, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- This is a Fly-In, Fly-Out camp-based position working on a 7&7 rotation (Tuesday – Tuesday), flying out of Calgary or Edmonton.
- This is a full time, contract role, with opportunity for renewal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MEG Energy is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our workforce. We work to ensure that our policies and practices protect individuals and groups under applicable human rights legislation. We will respond to accessibility
accommodations by applicants upon request.
HOW TO APPLY:
At MEG, every business decision we make, no matter how big or small, aligns with our
Be the Example – Connect With Each Other – Collective Strength
Accept the Challenge – Think Big Picture
At MEG, our employees are committed to:
- SAFETY – Foundational in everything that we do. We are committed to both physical safety at our work sites as well as safety in belonging and bringing your true self to work.
- BEING LOCAL & COMMITTED TO OUR COMMUNITY – We are proud to have been built in Alberta. Our leadership team lives in Alberta, knows its staff by name and cares about operating responsibly where we live. We are committed to achieving net zero GHG emissions by 2050 and supporting our local communities through volunteering our time, talent, and resources.
- TALENT DEVELOPMENT – We are a company that believes in the potential of our people. Our approach to development is through on-the job experiences, mentorship, and formal learning. At MEG you can learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to grow. Our employee’s development is at the core of our success.
- TOTAL REWARDS – We offer industry competitive pay with short-term and long term incentive programs to reward your contributions. Our employees participate in our MEG-A-FITS benefit program with medical, dental, life insurance and more to meet your family’s needs as well as health and wellness programs to support being active outside of work, time off and flexible work options.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, please submit your resume by clicking on Apply. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MEG Energy is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our workforce. We work to ensure that our policies and practices protect individuals and groups under applicable human rights legislation. We will respond to accessibility accommodations by applicants upon request.
To Apply for a job, you will need to create an account on MEG’s site so that we can provide you with information and documents throughout the application process. When you click on the ‘Apply’ button you will be re-directed to a page where you can sign into your existing email address and password or create a new account. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MEG Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that some candidates have experienced recruitment fraud where an individual that claims to be affiliated with MEG makes a false offer of employment and requests personal information or payment from the candidate. At MEG Energy, we meet with a candidate in person before a formal offer is made and we only correspond with candidates through email addresses ending with @megenergy.com. Also, MEG Energy does not require payment or fees from anyone seeking employment with us. MEG does not require applicants to provide copies of personal documents such as passports, birth certificates or banking information as part of the application process. To ensure a job opportunity with MEG Energy exists, please review the job opportunities accessed through the link below.
Please email MEG if you believe you have experienced recruitment fraud.