At MEG, you can bring your unique knowledge and experience to work and contribute your ideas to drive our purpose, which is to supply the world with environmentally and socially responsible energy, while generating long term value for all our stakeholders. We are looking for talented individuals to bring their skills and experience to our dynamic and inclusive culture of performance and innovation.
We are proud to be an Alberta-based company where our leaders are local, accessible to MEG’s Employees and committed to operating responsibly where we all live. We believe in industry-leading environmental performance, engaging with our local community and partners to give back through our time, talents, and resources in the communities where we operate.
Site Construction Manager, Christina Lake
Reporting to the Director, Facilities Projects, and based at our Christina Lake SAGD facility near Conklin, Alberta, the Site Construction Manager position will be an energetic self-starter, performing a critical role, directly supporting the execution of facilities capital projects. This position works on a 7 x 7 fly-in / fly-out schedule supported by a peer cross shift. The successful candidate will contribute to MEG Energy’s success by applying their experience and expertise in safely planning and executing all construction projects at MEG Energy’s Christina Lake facilities. This role is accountable to provide exceptional safety leadership along with strong and timely management to the entire onsite construction team while creating a workplace where team members can develop and excel. The Site Construction Manager will be responsible for all construction aspects of MEG’s capital projects including safety performance, quality management, and cost & schedule achievement.
YOUR DAY TO DAY:
- Demonstrate personal and exceptional Safety leadership in accordance with
- MEG Energy’s Operations Excellence Management System
- Lead the evolution of our on-site construction safety culture among all employees and contractors consistent with MEG’s Priorities for Operating
- Participate alongside site leadership to help create a work environment where nobody gets hurt.
- Assist in the development of both staff resource and contractor resource plans.
- Engage in the preparation of construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules.
- Assist in the preparations of contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with suppliers and subcontractors
- Oversee the execution of construction projects following approved development and execution strategies per corporate project standards and applicable legislation.
- Ensure that all work is executed following approved execution plans such as the Construction Execution Plan, Construction Quality Plan, Module and Fabrication Plan, Material Management Plan, Site Specific Environmental Plan, and Project Specific Safety Plan, etc
- Oversee construction risk and evaluations and assure adequacy of mitigation plans.
- Participate in estimate reviews and constructability reviews
- Ensure current design and procedural documents are onsite while ensuring construction activities are preformed in accordance with drawings, specs and codes.
- Evaluate Facilities Projects materials management for ongoing efficiencies.
- Participate in construction governance reviews and updates
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of construction progress and productivity.
- Manage the monitoring of subcontractors to ensure proper strategies and practices are applied during construction
- Coordinate the transfer of complete work during construction completion to the CSU team.
- Ensure team is trained and prepared to respond to emergencies per MEG’s ERP
- Develop training and development opportunities for staff including the development of a mentoring program.
- Participate in staff reviews and evaluation process and provide recommendations for compensation changes and promotions
- Execute labour relations consistent with procedures and agreements
- Act as the Corporations senior field liaison with the contractors and authorities as required.
- Minimum of 15 years’ relevant construction experience within high hazard industrial facilities.
- Engineering Technology Diploma or related technical diploma or Journeyperson designation is considered an asset. A combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
- Dedication to creating a collaborative and inclusive workplace that fosters and empowers individuals to perform and contribute at their best.
- A passion and dedication to creating safe work environments with demonstrable safety leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with effective written and oral communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to foresee potential issues or problems through strong planning and organizing skills and then coordinate positive interventions.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and manage competing priorities, effectively in a changing environment and within defined timelines is critical.
- Thermal facility experience, SAGD, and field assignments are an advantage.
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles to achieve solutions.
- Familiarity with industry codes and government regulations is required.
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills, effective at achieving alignment among multi-disciplined work groups at all organizational levels.
- This role is based at our Christina Lake site near Conklin, Alberta working on a 7×7 shift flying in and out of Edmonton or Calgary hubs.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit the MEG Energy’s website to apply online today!