The Conklin Community Association (CCA)’s Senior Enhancement Program (SEP) Worker would play an important role in providing quality service to enhance the needs of the Senior citizens of Conklin. Working closely with Administration and Board of Directors (the “Board”) of CCA, this person will plan and implement special programming, activities, and services for Conklin Seniors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
•Complete required weekly/monthly documentation for the Senior Enhancement Program.
• Coordinate senior events with Senior bingos and visitor bingos.
• Plan, develop, and coordinate senior events, activities, programming, and services within a provided budget.
• Schedule days for available information of resources.
• Maintain monthly calendar of activities and present the schedule to the Board.
• Attend monthly CCA meetings and provide regular updates and/or reports of programming and services.
• Prepare and submit funding applications and complete/fulfill reporting requirements.
• Act as a liaison and assist seniors with completing forms as required, (Medical, CRA, CPP, OAS).
• Assist Home Care nurse for scheduled senior home visits.
• Assist with hospitalized seniors with personal items as needed.
• Assist with out-patients (injured or disabled) light house duties.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• RCMP and Children Services Clearance
• Valid Driver’s License
• Valid First Aid Level C with AED Certificate
• Proficient Knowledge of Microsoft programs
• Must use Senior Enhancement Program vehicle for all CCA SEP Business
• A pleasant personality with a positive demeanor is essential
• Must pass Drug and Alcohol clearance
• Fluent in a Cree Language and Metis knowledge would be an asset
• Experience with seniors and/or vulnerable adults is an asset
• Use own transportation when SEP van is under repair
• Must be willing to work with other organizations (RRC, WBRL, RMWB)
• Use CCA cell phone and technology for all Senior Enhancement Programming
• Must be willing to take ongoing training that is available
COMPETITIVE WAGES AND BENEFITS ARE AVAILABLE
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. While CCA sincerely appreciates all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with the CCA!