At MEG, you can bring your unique knowledge and experience to work and contribute your ideas to drive our purpose, which is to supply the world with environmentally and socially responsible energy, while generating long term value for all our stakeholders. We are looking for talented individuals to bring their skills and experience to our dynamic and inclusive culture of performance and innovation.
We are proud to be an Alberta-based company where our leaders are local, accessible to MEG’s Employees and committed to operating responsibly where we all live. We believe in industry-leading environmental performance, engaging with our local community and partners to give back through our time, talents, and resources in the communities where we operate.
This is a 12-month contract position with compensation as a straight hourly rate. This is a full-time, temporary contract role position based at our Christina Lake Facility working a 7 x 7 shift schedule (Tuesday – Tuesday) with opportunity for renewal.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Fleet & Fuel Coordinator, we are seeking an energetic and self-starting Heavy-Duty Mechanic who will provide direct support and assistance to the Fleet & Fuel Coordinator, Site Services, and Business Units, while supporting and demonstrating a strong safety culture and respectful work environment. MEG Energy will provide all the tools and transportation required to be successful in your role. If you are looking to join an exciting company, take on a new role that will offer significant learning opportunities and growth in your chosen trade, then this is the role for you. Just bring your boots and you can start an exciting career at our Christina Lake SAGD site!
YOUR DAY TO DAY:
- Perform routine and non-routine duties to the MEG fleet of Pick-ups, Light towers, HD trucks, Equipment, Generators, ATV’s, UTV’s, and various makes, models of support equipment, with direction from the Fleet Coordinator.
- Complete repair and maintenance of MEG Energy vehicles and equipment.
- Order parts and receiving as required.
- Complete internal work orders.
- Maintain fleet maintenance records.
- Provide direct supervision to contracted laborers as required.
- Inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems, using hand and power tools.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications.
- Ensure all work is planned to meet or exceed MEG Energy’s safety policies, standards, and guidelines following MEG’s STOP-THINK-PLAN program.
- Work closely with the Fleet & Fuel Coordinator and team members to ensure that job plans include accurate and current safety and environmental considerations.
- Report incidents according to protocol and following up with such incidents with corrective and preventative measures.
- Work closely with MEG Energy Safety Leads and Coordinators.
WHAT YOU BRING TO MEG:
- Journeyman Heavy-Duty Mechanic ticket as well as a High School Diploma are required. Equivalent qualifications such as heavy-duty on-road certification and heavy-duty off-road certification may be considered.
- A Journeyman Red Seal ticket is considered a strong asset for this role.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic is required.
- A Minimum class 5 driver’s license with Air Brake Endorsement is required (class 3 preferred).
- H2S Alive and Standard First Aid are required.
- Advanced Vehicle Diagnostic and Repair using OEM diagnostic platforms.
- Advanced Electrical Diagnostic and Repair, Advanced Electronic Systems.
- Diagnostic and Repair, Advanced Hydraulics Diagnostic and Repair experience is required.
- All tools and equipment will be provided by MEG Energy.
- Proficient in use of service diagnostics troubleshooting.
- Proficient in use of Vehicle Diagnostic equipment.
- Proficient in A/C troubleshooting and repair.
- Experience with the following product lines is considered an asset: Ford, Kubota, Caterpillar, Detroit, and Cummins.
- Must be able to manage day to day operations without direct supervision.
- Effective communicator with the ability to foster and promote cooperation and work collaboratively.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both with a team or independently.
- Experience working with a diverse workforce.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors, in all seasons, even in extreme weather is required.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repetitively.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- This is a Fly-In, Fly-Out camp-based position working on a 7&7 rotation (Tuesday – Tuesday), flying out of Calgary or Edmonton.
- This is a full time, temporary contract role for a 12-month term, with opportunity for renewal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MEG Energy is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our workforce. We work to ensure that our policies and practices protect individuals and groups under applicable human rights legislation. We will respond to accessibility
accommodations by applicants upon request.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit the MEG Energy’s website to apply online today! Deadline is February 4, 2024.
At MEG, every business decision we make, no matter how big or small, aligns with our
Be the Example – Connect With Each Other – Collective Strength
Accept the Challenge – Think Big Picture
At MEG, our employees are committed to:
- SAFETY – Foundational in everything that we do. We are committed to both physical safety at our work sites as well as safety in belonging and bringing your true self to work.
- BEING LOCAL & COMMITTED TO OUR COMMUNITY – We are proud to have been built in Alberta. Our leadership team lives in Alberta, knows its staff by name and cares about operating responsibly where we live. We are committed to achieving net zero GHG emissions by 2050 and supporting our local communities through volunteering our time, talent, and resources.
- TALENT DEVELOPMENT – We are a company that believes in the potential of our people. Our approach to development is through on-the job experiences, mentorship, and formal learning. At MEG you can learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to grow. Our employee’s development is at the core of our success.
- TOTAL REWARDS – We offer industry competitive pay with short-term and long term incentive programs to reward your contributions. Our employees participate in our MEG-A-FITS benefit program with medical, dental, life insurance and more to meet your family’s needs as well as health and wellness programs to support being active outside of work, time off and flexible work options.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, please submit your resume by clicking on Apply. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MEG Energy is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our workforce. We work to ensure that our policies and practices protect individuals and groups under applicable human rights legislation. We will respond to accessibility accommodations by applicants upon request.
To Apply for a job, you will need to create an account on MEG’s site so that we can provide you with information and documents throughout the application process. When you click on the ‘Apply’ button you will be re-directed to a page where you can sign into your existing email address and password or create a new account. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MEG Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that some candidates have experienced recruitment fraud where an individual that claims to be affiliated with MEG makes a false offer of employment and requests personal information or payment from the candidate. At MEG Energy, we meet with a candidate in person before a formal offer is made and we only correspond with candidates through email addresses ending with @megenergy.com. Also, MEG Energy does not require payment or fees from anyone seeking employment with us. MEG does not require applicants to provide copies of personal documents such as passports, birth certificates or banking information as part of the application process. To ensure a job opportunity with MEG Energy exists, please review the job opportunities accessed through the link below.
Please email MEG if you believe you have experienced recruitment fraud.