At MEG, you can bring your unique knowledge and experience to work and contribute your ideas to drive our purpose, which is to supply the world with environmentally and socially responsible energy, while generating long term value for all our stakeholders. We are looking for talented individuals to bring their skills and experience to our dynamic and inclusive culture of performance and innovation.
We are proud to be an Alberta-based company where our leaders are local, accessible to MEG’s Employees and committed to operating responsibly where we all live. We believe in industry-leading environmental performance, engaging with our local community and partners to give back through our time, talents, and resources in the communities where we operate.
This is a 12-month contract position with compensation as a straight hourly rate. This position is located at MEG’s Christina Lake Facility in Conklin working a 7 x 7 shift.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Fleet and Fuel Coordinator, the successful candidate will be an energetic self-starter with a strong mechanical inclination looking to support our MEG Energy Site Services team. In this role, you will perform various duties throughout the site working closely to support the Fleet Mechanic and Fleet Coordinator. You will actively demonstrate a strong safety orientation and respectful work environment and act as an ambassador for MEG Energy.
YOUR DAY TO DAY:
- Assist Fleet Mechanics and Fleet Supervisor as required with various duties including preventative maintenance and minor repairs as directed in a busy mechanical shop.
- Support shop inventory by receiving and stocking parts as required.
- Change out and/or service support equipment in the field.
- Washing of vehicles at wash facility.
- Pickup and delivery of vehicles across the site.
- Shop clean-up / housekeeping duties including managing the recycling for the shop
- Snow removal in the winter as required.
- Follow MEG safety program policies and procedures throughout our work site.
- Provide Hazard Identification Cards to supervisor as necessary.
- Report incidents according to protocol and following up with such incidents with corrective and preventative measures as required.
- Ensure work related incidents are reported immediately to the Fleet Mechanic, Fleet.
- Supervisor and MEG Health and Safety Coordinator.
WHAT YOU BRING TO MEG:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be a safety conscious worker with the ability to follow established safety procedures.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with a clean abstract (minimum class 5).
- Must be minimum 21 years old to meet all insurance requirements of MEG Energy leased and rental equipment.
- Must hold a valid H2S Alive certificate.
- Must hold a valid Emergency First Aid certificate.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs repetitively.
- Strong demonstratable mechanical skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively in a changing environment and within defined timelines.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MEG Energy is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our workforce. We work to ensure that our policies and practices protect individuals and groups under applicable human rights legislation. We will respond to accessibility
accommodations by applicants upon request.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit the MEG Energy’s website to apply online today! Deadline is January 29, 2024.
At MEG, every business decision we make, no matter how big or small, aligns with our
Be the Example – Connect With Each Other – Collective Strength
Accept the Challenge – Think Big Picture
At MEG, our employees are committed to:
- SAFETY – Foundational in everything that we do. We are committed to both physical safety at our work sites as well as safety in belonging and bringing your true self to work.
- BEING LOCAL & COMMITTED TO OUR COMMUNITY – We are proud to have been built in Alberta. Our leadership team lives in Alberta, knows its staff by name and cares about operating responsibly where we live. We are committed to achieving net zero GHG emissions by 2050 and supporting our local communities through volunteering our time, talent, and resources.
- TALENT DEVELOPMENT – We are a company that believes in the potential of our people. Our approach to development is through on-the job experiences, mentorship, and formal learning. At MEG you can learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to grow. Our employee’s development is at the core of our success.
- TOTAL REWARDS – We offer industry competitive pay with short-term and long term incentive programs to reward your contributions. Our employees participate in our MEG-A-FITS benefit program with medical, dental, life insurance and more to meet your family’s needs as well as health and wellness programs to support being active outside of work, time off and flexible work options.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, please submit your resume by clicking on Apply. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MEG Energy is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our workforce. We work to ensure that our policies and practices protect individuals and groups under applicable human rights legislation. We will respond to accessibility accommodations by applicants upon request.
To Apply for a job, you will need to create an account on MEG’s site so that we can provide you with information and documents throughout the application process. When you click on the ‘Apply’ button you will be re-directed to a page where you can sign into your existing email address and password or create a new account. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MEG Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that some candidates have experienced recruitment fraud where an individual that claims to be affiliated with MEG makes a false offer of employment and requests personal information or payment from the candidate. At MEG Energy, we meet with a candidate in person before a formal offer is made and we only correspond with candidates through email addresses ending with @megenergy.com. Also, MEG Energy does not require payment or fees from anyone seeking employment with us. MEG does not require applicants to provide copies of personal documents such as passports, birth certificates or banking information as part of the application process. To ensure a job opportunity with MEG Energy exists, please review the job opportunities accessed through the link below.
Please email MEG if you believe you have experienced recruitment fraud.