At MEG, you can bring your unique knowledge and experience to work and contribute your ideas to drive our purpose, which is to supply the world with environmentally and socially responsible energy, while generating long term value for all our stakeholders. We are looking for talented individuals to bring their skills and experience to our dynamic and inclusive culture of performance and innovation.
We are proud to be an Alberta-based company where our leaders are local, accessible to MEG’s Employees and committed to operating responsibly where we all live. We believe in industry-leading environmental performance, engaging with our local community and partners to give back through our time, talents, and resources in the communities where we operate.
This is a permanent full-time position located at MEG’s Christina Lake Facility in Conklin working a 7 x 7 shift (Tuesday – Tuesday).
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are seeking a highly experienced, motivated, and technically savvy SAGD Field Operator to join our MEG Energy Field Operations team. This role requires you to bring your technical expertise, demonstrated safety leadership and operational excellence to support and guide our day-to day operations in our field facilities / well pads. You will
play a critical role in MEG’s success by applying your knowledge and experience in performing basic and complex operating assignments working at our well pads safely and efficiently. This position works on a 7&7 rotation (Tuesday – Tuesday) flying out of Calgary or Edmonton. If you are looking to build your career in the field working alongside a great team as a Field Operator, we want to hear from you!
YOUR DAY TO DAY:
- Carry out routine operating activities such as sample collection, monitor production and pressure equipment, equipment startup/shut-down and layup, LOTO installations and walk-downs, issue permits, troubleshooting, supervise maintenance contractors, and perform wellsite inspections.
- Sign off and operate all Field areas, maintain a clean work area and vehicle, manage tools and equipment.
- Maintain descriptive and accurate daily operator log, complete weekly/monthly and annual EHS PMs.
- Submit service requests into Maximo for corrective actions required.
- Effectively communicate non-routine activities with co-workers and leadership.
- Lead non-routine activities such as confined space entry, and pipeline start-ups.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are in place and followed.
- Uphold MEG’s high environmental standards by promptly reporting leaks and rectifying the issue.
- Execute work in accordance with MEG Energy’s standards and procedures.
- Review and stay up to date on standards, policies and procedures.
- Work with multiple business units at site including Health and Safety, Environment, Drilling and Completions, and Production Engineering.
- Participate in daily and monthly safety meeting, submit Hazard IDs and present safety moments.
- Support Projects group with regards to new well pads, and well pad expansions.
- Assist in commissioning activities as required.
- Support Field Lead and Field Coordinator to complete business tasks and optimize production.
WHAT YOU BRING TO MEG:
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate is required.
- H2S Alive Certification is required.
- A Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean Driver’s Abstract is required.
- 5 – 10 years SAGD specific experience is preferred, but other related field operations experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of safety procedures in a field operating environment is required.
- Willingness to work with a multi-discipline team is required.
- Knowledge of operations and maintenance work planning is required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Previous experience demonstrating leadership skills in work coordination, troubleshooting or special projects is an asset.
- This is a Fly-In, Fly-Out position, working on a 7&7 rotation (Tuesday – Tuesday), flying out of Calgary or Edmonton.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MEG Energy is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our workforce. We work to ensure that our policies and practices protect individuals and groups under applicable human rights legislation. We will respond to accessibility
accommodations by applicants upon request.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit the MEG Energy’s website to apply online today! Deadline is January 29, 2024.
At MEG, every business decision we make, no matter how big or small, aligns with our
Be the Example – Connect With Each Other – Collective Strength
Accept the Challenge – Think Big Picture
At MEG, our employees are committed to:
- SAFETY – Foundational in everything that we do. We are committed to both physical safety at our work sites as well as safety in belonging and bringing your true self to work.
- BEING LOCAL & COMMITTED TO OUR COMMUNITY – We are proud to have been built in Alberta. Our leadership team lives in Alberta, knows its staff by name and cares about operating responsibly where we live. We are committed to achieving net zero GHG emissions by 2050 and supporting our local communities through volunteering our time, talent, and resources.
- TALENT DEVELOPMENT – We are a company that believes in the potential of our people. Our approach to development is through on-the job experiences, mentorship, and formal learning. At MEG you can learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to grow. Our employee’s development is at the core of our success.
- TOTAL REWARDS – We offer industry competitive pay with short-term and long term incentive programs to reward your contributions. Our employees participate in our MEG-A-FITS benefit program with medical, dental, life insurance and more to meet your family’s needs as well as health and wellness programs to support being active outside of work, time off and flexible work options.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, please submit your resume by clicking on Apply. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MEG Energy is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our workforce. We work to ensure that our policies and practices protect individuals and groups under applicable human rights legislation. We will respond to accessibility accommodations by applicants upon request.
To Apply for a job, you will need to create an account on MEG’s site so that we can provide you with information and documents throughout the application process. When you click on the ‘Apply’ button you will be re-directed to a page where you can sign into your existing email address and password or create a new account. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MEG Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that some candidates have experienced recruitment fraud where an individual that claims to be affiliated with MEG makes a false offer of employment and requests personal information or payment from the candidate. At MEG Energy, we meet with a candidate in person before a formal offer is made and we only correspond with candidates through email addresses ending with @megenergy.com. Also, MEG Energy does not require payment or fees from anyone seeking employment with us. MEG does not require applicants to provide copies of personal documents such as passports, birth certificates or banking information as part of the application process. To ensure a job opportunity with MEG Energy exists, please review the job opportunities accessed through the link below.
Please email MEG if you believe you have experienced recruitment fraud.