At MEG, you can bring your unique knowledge and experience to work and contribute your ideas to drive our purpose, which is to supply the world with environmentally and socially responsible energy, while generating long term value for all our stakeholders. We are looking for talented individuals to bring their skills and experience to our dynamic and inclusive culture of performance and innovation.
We are proud to be an Alberta-based company where our leaders are local, accessible to MEG’s Employees and committed to operating responsibly where we all live. We believe in industry-leading environmental performance, engaging with our local community and partners to give back through our time, talents, and resources in the communities where we operate.
Electrical & Instrumentation Lead, Christina Lake
The Electrical & Instrumentation Lead role contributes directly to MEG Energy’s success by providing technical expertise to ensure electrical and instrument systems are functioning as per design as well as leadership skills in developing and supporting a high caliber maintenance team. Reporting directly to the Maintenance Superintendent, this role leads a team of Electricians and Instrumentation Technicians in establishing a safe and respectful culture within the MEG Energy Corp’s organization, vendors, service providers, and the contractors with whom we engage.
YOUR DAY TO DAY:
- Provide and demonstrate a safe work environment in accordance with MEG Energy Corp’s Environment Health and Safety Program.
- Ensure Visual Safety leadership tours are completed daily.
- Communicate all safety related documents with the crews.
- Support the Site leadership team initiatives.
- Ensure all work is executed in accordance with the Corporation’s Electrical Safety Program (ESP) and ABSA Pressure Equipment integrity Management Program (PEIM)
- Ensure controls and processes of MEG’s maintenance practices and procedures are adhered to by all direct reports.
- Ensure that all workers Maintain appropriate maintenance records (Log Notes) and have input into the reliability management team requirements.
- Review equipment failure trends and provide recommendations on asset reliability.
- Liaison with the various Maintenance and Operation groups at site for all maintenance related work. (Includes Home office Engineering, IMS and Projects).
- Support PM compliance and weekly schedule compliance reviews.
- Ensure all backlogs are reviewed and provide required daily schedule updates.
- Prioritize and prepare for the weekly draft schedule requirements on all ready backlog WO’s. Ensure that safety related WO’s like EHT, AMS, Fire and Gas are completed on every weekly schedule.
- Ensure MARP and CEMS regulatory work is completed and follow through on documentation requirements.
- Backfill for the Maintenance Superintendent as required of requested.
- Manage all the Priority 1 and 2 work orders to be executed on time.
- Adjust contractor manpower numbers accordingly in order to maintain an acceptable backlog management resource plan.
- Ensure all direct reports are fit for duty and co-chair the daily toolbox meetings.
- Manage the holiday schedules to ensure adequate coverage is available for scheduling compliance.
- Assist in the training requirements and competencies for ensuring workers are trained and qualified for specific work.
- Attend daily Ops/Maintenance Scheduling meetings. Prepare for scheduling updates and modifications.
- Attend and chair monthly Maintenance safety meetings.
- Attend Monthly Maintenance training meetings.
- Attend Weekly Turnaround, Planning and Scheduling meetings.
- Participate in Weekly Site Inspection tour. Filling out the General EHS inspection form.
- Attend Risk reviews, AAR’s and RCA’s as required.
- Ensure Job plans and PM’s are updated with prevalent (Hours and tasks) information needed for tradesmen to complete the job safely and without confusion.
- Ensure tradesmen are aware and review all MEG procedures and directives that apply to maintenance.
- Ensure contractors are completing LEM’s daily and properly coded before they are signed and handed to Home office.
- Ensure contractors are aware of all Policies and Procedures that apply to the work they are completing.
- Journeyman Electrical or Instrumentation Technician (with inter-provincial status) certificate; dual ticket in E & I is strongly preferred.
- Technical Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology is an asset.
- 10 + years related experience in an industrial environment is required; SAGD facility experience working with equipment specific to SAGD operations is preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience leading technical teams in a maintenance organization
- Scheduling knowledge with daily activities and ability to manage resources and work within specified parameters.
- Working knowledge of engineering codes and specifications.
- Familiar with Maintenance management tracking systems, Maximo and AMS would be an asset.
- Experience with High Voltage/Low Voltage (HV/LV) power generation and distribution systems.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of Provincial regulations regarding safe work practices, WHIMIS, TDG and Oilfield Waste Disposal.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office is an asset)
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to recognize and resolve conflict.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Motivated team leader, able to work with team members to produce deliverables in a timely manner.
- This is a 7 on 7 off rotation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit the MEG Energy’s job posting to apply online.