With the CRDAC COVID 19 pandemic response plan in effect, we ask that everyone follow the Alberta Health Services (AHS) Protocols to protect Conklin community members:
- Essential travel only such as grocery shopping and medical appointments. Please leave children at home, if possible.
- No visiting from house to house. Please limit outside visitors until further notice.
- Limit your groups to family and childcare.
- Wear a mask when in public places and continue to practice social distancing.
- Continue to wash your hands frequently with warm water and soap. Use hand sanitizer if you cannot wash your hands.
- Sanitize well-used areas regularly (i.e. light switches, door handles, remote controls).
- Although it is difficult to not visit elders and immune compromised family or friends – please stay home to protect their health.
- Stay home if you are feeling ill. If you have one of the core symptoms of COVID, please get tested and follow mandatory isolation requirements while waiting for results.
Per the AHS site, “if you violate a public health order, you may be subject to a $1,000 fine. If you are concerned that someone is not following public health orders you can:
Remind them they are not following orders and it is against the law and puts people at risk.
Submit a complaint to AHS public health inspectors online or call 1-833-415-9179.
Complaints that require an immediate response can also be reported to your local police force through their administrative phone line.”
Mandatory Isolation or Quarantine
You MUST ISOLATE if you have tested positive for COVID-19 OR if you have one of the core symptoms of COVID-19 AND have not been tested. Core symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose (18 years +)
- Sore throat (18 years +)
You MUST QUARANTINE if you had a close contact with a person who has COVID-19 AND/OR if you returned from travel outside of Canada.
Mandatory Restrictions (Source: AHS, alberta.ca/isolation)
These restrictions must be followed if you are in mandatory isolation or quarantine:
- Stay home, do not leave your home or attend work, school, social events or any other public gatherings.
- Avoid close contact with people in your household, especially seniors and people with chronic conditions or compromised immune systems.
- Do not take public transportation like buses, taxis or ride-sharing – this is PROHIBITED.
- Do not go outside for a walk through your neighbourhood or park. This includes children in mandatory isolation or quarantine.
- Do not use elevators or stairwells if you live in an apartment building or highrise, you must stay inside your unit. If your balcony is private and at least 2 metres away from your closest neighbour’s, you may go outside on balcony.
- Get fresh air in your backyard, if you have one, but you must remain on private property not accessible by others.
This directive is consistent with federal requirements under the Quarantine Act.
SUPPORT IF TESTED POSITIVE
If you have tested positive for COVID-19 and need an isolation unit, please call Valerie Quintal directly at (780) 714-0498.